Nutrition Counseling and Wellness Plans
In addition to physical therapy, we are now able to offer individualized medical nutrition therapy and wellness plans. At select RET locations, you can work with Margret Lyons, RDN and Michelle Smith, RDN to develop a custom nutrition plan designed to meet your individual goals. The medical nutrition therapy will include ongoing education and support geared towards sustainable changes that allow you to be successful in achieving your targeted results.
Ready to stop dieting and start living well? Call to schedule today and we will show you how easy it can be!
Bothell 425-939-2806 | Eastside 425-883-9089 | Lake Sammamish 425-391-5504 | Mercer Island 206-232-9045
Lake Stevens 425-377-1290 | Smokey Point 360-658-8400 | Arlington 360-363-4246 | Puyallup 253-841-3041
Bellevue 425-454-1405 | Seattle (University) 206-347-0414 | Kirkland (Totem Lake) 425-823-8631
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Nutrition is an essential part of managing and maintaining your health. Medical nutrition therapy (MNT) is a treatment that targets nutrition related diseases such as:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Coronary artery disease
- High cholesterol or high triglycerides
- Celiac disease
- Obesity and weight loss
MNT includes nutrition counseling to elicit behavior change and science-based evidenced to provide treatment options that actually work. Click on the diseases above to learn more about how Medical Nutrition Therapy can work for you.
Additional Topics That Can be Addressed at Your Appointment
- In addition to the nutrition-related diseases listed above your dietitian can also address nutrition and diet for:
Pre and post-surgery recovery
- Inflammation and joint pain
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Fueling for athletic performance
- Prader Willi Syndrome
- Nutrition during pregnancy
- Recipe analysis and healthy makeover
- Shopping for health at your favorite grocery store
- Improving your diet
- Healthy cooking for the whole family
What to Expect at Your Appointment
Plan to spend at least one hour with your dietitian for your initial consultation. Subsequent visits are generally shorter. Your dietitian will gather a complete medical history, medications, exercise patterns, food preferences and discuss your expectations. At the end of your first appointment, you will have a plan with goals and objectives designed specifically for you. Your dietitian will provide you with the resources you will need to be successful.
What Does it Cost?
The good news is that Medical Nutrition Therapy is covered by most major insurances, often times with no deductible or co-pay, since many insurance companies consider nutritional counseling a preventative benefit. We’ll help you determine your benefits when you call to schedule your first appointment.
Where is Nutrition Therapy offered?
We are pleased to offer Nutrition Therapy at the following locations. Please click or call to contact our clinic and schedule your first appointment!
- Bothell Physical Therapy | 425.939.2806
- Lake Sammamish Physical Therapy | 425-391-5504
- Mercer Island Physical Therapy | 206.232.9045
- Eastside Physical Therapy (Redmond) | 425.883.9089
- Reaction Physical Therapy in Lake Stevens | 425.377.1290
- Reaction Physical Therapy (Smokey Point / Marysville) | 360.658.8400
- Reaction Physical Therapy (Arlington) | 360.363.4246
- Meridian Physical Therapy (Puyallup) | 253.841.3041
- Bellevue Physical Therapy | 425.454.1405
- University Physical Therapy (Seattle) | 206.347.0414
- Totem Lake Physical Therapy (Kirkland) | 425.823.8631