4347 Roosevelt Way NE,
Seattle WA 98105Clinic Hours
Monday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
By appointment only. Last appointment scheduled one hour before closing to allow for appropriate treatment time.
University Physical Therapy is an orthopedic outpatient clinic located in the heart of the University District and is a part of the SoundCare Rehabilitation Center. Our clinic offers skilled staff who value our patients and their care providers best interests.
The staff at University Physical Therapy is knowledgeable in manual techniques to maximize joint alignment, stability, and mobility of the spine and extremities. These manual skills include: cross-friction massage, myofascial release, soft tissue mobilizations, joint mobilizations, and muscle energy techniques. Postural education, ergonomics, body mechanics, injury prevention, neurological reeducation, coordination exercises, core strengthening, strength training and flexibility, range of motion movements are provided in the clinic and for home use to maximize the attainment of your goals.
Pain relief techniques and modalities such as hot/cold packs, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, support wraps, taping, and/or traction may be received along with the tools for prevention. We work with all goals and expectations to achieve optimal outcomes while promoting a safe and comfortable environment.
Call today to schedule an appointment (206) 347-0414.
- Services -
Seattle (University) provides expert care for a wide range of conditions, click the links below to learn more or call to schedule with a Physical Therapist.
Aquatic Therapy – Off SiteAthletic RehabilitationBack CareBalance Training/ Fall PreventionChiropractic – On SiteElbow and Wrist CareFoot and Ankle CareGait TrainingHeadachesHip CareKnee CareManual TherapyMassage TherapyMotor Vehicle InjuriesNeck CareOrthopedic RehabilitationPosture and Body Mechanics TrainingShoulder CareSports Specific Therapy and RehabilitationWork Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Staff -
Kyle Shilling, DPT
Physical Therapist, Clinic DirectorKyle Shilling has been with RET Physical Therapy Group since June 2012. Kyle attended the University of Washington where he earned his Bachelor’s of Science degree in Psychology and then went on to Washington University in St. Louis to attain his Doctorate of Physical Therapy. Kyle enjoys alleviating musculoskeletal dysfunction by integrating his manual therapy skills with the diagnosis and treatment of movement system impairment (MSI) syndromes, a theoretical approach developed by Shirley Sahrmann, PT, PhD, FAPTA at Washington University in St. Louis. His emphasis of practice has always been on treating the individual with a differential evaluation, manual therapy if indicated, and specific exercise to improve movement patterns, motor control, and correction of muscle imbalances. Kyle leads a very active life outside of the clinic. Some of the activities he enjoys are hiking, fishing, snowboarding, sports, camping, working out, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology from the University of Washington, 2009
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Washington University in St. Louis, 2012
Julie Meneely, PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago, Julie participated in sports throughout high school. She earned her Bachelors of Science degree at the University of Illinois. After moving to Washington, Julie studied at Lake Washington Institute of Technology to earn her certification as a physical therapist assistant. Julie loves working in physical therapy because it allows her to utilize her knowledge and skills to provide specific and individualized treatment for her patients. She enjoys teaching patients exercises and movement patterns that enable them to return to their favorite sports and activities while preventing future injuries. Julie participates in a range of activities including music, hiking, hanging out with her friends and family, movies, reading, and enjoying the Seattle craft beer industry.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Sciences from University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign in 2005
- Physical Therapist Assistant Degree from Lake Washington Institute of Technology in 2016
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Physical Therapy Association of Washington
- Testimonials -“I wanted to share my heartfelt thanks for curing me of my neck, shoulder and arm pain. I am so impressed with your knowledge, skill and results, always delivered with kindness, patience and good intention. For me, it's been rare to find a health care professional who can accomplish all of that. I truly felt you cared about my pain, listened to me and treated me with respect. Keep up the excellent work. Thank you for exceptional service!”-Treela“Very professional and very comfortable place! The THERAPISTS really focus on their clients injuries. They recognize when how long the healing process could take. I just recommend this place to anyone in need to heal!! Great place!”-Heather